Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Creating My Own Path

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them -- every day begin the task anew." Saint Francis de Sales

I do my New Year's resolutions during my birth month September, which is in a couple days so I have been thinking a lot about my life and the choices I have made this past year and the effect they had on my life plan and got real discouraged because I had fallen short. Then it dawned on me, I may not have ran the 3 marathons but I am training now after a 6 month break; I may not be managing my own business fulltime but I have launched the business; I may not be working on my doctorate but I graduated with my MBA. It is so difficult for me to celebrate achievements when its not the thing that I had hope for. I wonder why is that? Personally I think it is because I have placed soo much value on the outcome rather than the journey. I need to start enjoying the journey because most of my time and energy is spent on the journey not the end product. That being said if I focused on what I did during the 6 month break from running; I travelled extensively, I had mojitos at the bar on some Saturdays, and I developed stronger bonds with some friends. Since I was not out running my time and energy was spent on other things that led to growth and development for me. Isn't that what life is about? It is okay to not follow the traditional path and create my own path if life allows.

Well this was suppose to be an analysis of the quote when I started but it went somewhere else...that happens I was creating my own path. :)

Creating your own path can definitely lead to a life that rocks....


Lady P

No comments:

Post a Comment